Lis Worcester, RN-FNP, CPM, Licensed Midwife
San Francisco, California
Homebirth With Awareness and Compassion
Birth is sacred and mysterious, transforming and personal, powerful and glorious. Giving birth is a mother’s work and my role as her midwife is to witness, guide, advise, love and support her.
Wherever a woman gives birth, I believe that if she does so with awareness and compassion, from herself and those around her, she will be a wiser and more confident mother.
- Licensed Midwife (LM) & Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) since 2003
- 14 yrs as RN & 8 yrs as FNP
- 5 yrs as Doula & Apprentice before beginning midwifery training
- Graduate of National Midwifery Institute - 2003
- Graduate of University of California, San Francisco (MSN, FNP) - 1989
- Member of Bay Area Homebirth Collective
- Integral Yoga Instructor (Prenatal & Basic) certified 1998
I absolutely love being a midwife and providing the much needed service of homebirth. I am so pleased you took the time to peek at my website, whether or not you choose homebirth.
Every mother will choose her birth site and providers according to her personal needs for safety & comfort (I know it's different for everyone!). Now you know of yet another option.
I wish you a truly empowering experience throughout your pregnancy, birth and parenting journeys.
Click here to hear Lis on KPOO Radio!